Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Books and Reading

Hi everyone! Today I´m going to talk about books and reading.
Firstly, I would like to say that I don´t  consider myself like a book worm person, but I like read books, papers, internet articles or some magazines about different topics, almost  about religion, psychology, among others. Since I was a child, I liked to read books, but  the most of them corresponded to the reading syllabus of the school.  Even though I don´t carry an account about the books that I read, I think there are many (among sixty). Maybe, that figure doesn´t seem so great, but it´s significance to me.
I have to say that I prefer books that talks about reality (or non-fiction), and especially those who talks about drug addictions or different problems about life (death, happiness, routine, etc.). I don´t have a favorite writer, but I really enjoy reading Gabriel García Marquez´s books or those from Mario Vargas Llosa.

I don´t remember very well the last book I read, bit I think it was an academic one, called Arbol del Conocimiento, from Humberto Maturana and Francisco Varela. That book was so amazing, I really enjoyed it, and is not difficult to read. The main idea of the book is trying to study how living things are configured, proposing some theories that may help to understanding the knowledge of it. With all my heart, I recommend this book, and also the independent work of both authors, because they  have interesting theories and postulates about life and others aspects (I read some interviews  about Maturana y Varela´s works and  their relationship with some religions, like Buddhism and Christianity)

2 comments:

  1. I also love Maturana and Varela books, "El Árbol del Conocimiento" it's a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you like books that talks about drug addictions? that's suspicious... Camila ajajaj, just kidding
    I like García Marquez too :)

    ReplyDelete